News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- Corporate control destroyed the U.S. craft beer industry in the 19th Century. Will it happen again?
- Evidence that when we are distracted, we eat more.
- Are you planning your next vacation? Find the countries in which there is no McDonald’s.
- A program helps farm laborers start their own farms.
- Fast food workers strike for better wages.
- A study claims to show that “Instagramming” your food makes it taste better.
- Which wine regions will be the winners and which the losers as the result of climate change.
- Apparently, vegetables have Circadian rhythms and can suffer from jet lag. Here’s advice about when to buy.
- Is TripAdvisor reliable? How to use it without regrets. And here is a story about TripAdvisor reviews of a restaurant that doesn’t exist.
- How food photography makes fast food junk look good.
- Of course this had to happen. A burger/cronut hybrid.