News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- Even booze loses freshness when kept too long.
- Fusion food was not invented by Wolfgang Puck; it’s been around for centuries.
- Three ways to grill corn.
- How to become a Texas Pit Barbecue celebrity.
- If you like soggy things, here’s a story about a Chicago staple—gravy bread.
- Proposed new rules for making imported food safer.
- An encyclopedia of really ugly sandwiches. Enjoy!
- Evidence that place setting matters in how we enjoy food.
- “After the fish are gone.” A really depressing documentary on the state of global fish supplies.
- For Top Chef addicts, a complete list of contestants and what they are doing now.
- Lots of confusion over what counts as whole-grain foods. Much of what is sold as “whole-grain” may not have health benefits.
- Why is the stinky fruit, durian, being made into wine?
- Possible changes afoot for the cattle industry.
- A new device for extracting wine from the bottle without opening it.
- Here is an interesting article on the meaning of “terroir”.