News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- The future of food. What will we be eating in 35 years?
- What will the future supermarket look like?
- Here is a list of the 101 best restaurants in America, according to a panel of judges assembled by The Daily Meal.
- And here is a list of the best breakfasts in the U.S.
- Food truck names that should be banned.
- From The Rambling Epicure, 10 things you need to know before you start gourmet cooking.
- A thoughtful essay on genetically modified food and the alternatives to it.
- Tis the season for state fairs. Here’s a rundown of new food offerings at state fairs. And here is another account with pictures.
- How our surroundings influence what we eat—does the concept of will power survive these studies?
- As usual, Matt Kramer comes up with a helpful way of classifying wines—fruit wines, soil, wines, climate wines, and creative wines.
- Here is a disturbing article on slave labor in the global food system.