News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- Tom Scocca is hot about recipes that lie about cooking times—especially for caramelized onions.
- If you have a little extra juice from fermenting anchovies in the fridge, here is what to do with it. It is called colatura.
- How to feed your family for 100 days with no processed foods. It is not easy.
- A short history of food as entertainment. Our ancestors were bizarre.
- Here is a slideshow of new dishes from Wylie Dufresne’s WD-50.
- Everything you need to know about making perfect garlic bread.
- Here is an informative discussion of the similarities and differences between today’s Napa Cabernets and the Napa Cabs of the past.