News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- How wine labels trick us into buying the bottle.
- Charlotte’s Web it is not. McDonald’s will include children’s books in their Happy Meals—written by their advertising firm.
- Your food engineers at work. 130 new apple varieties have been released in the past 6 years.
- The future of food. Some unused, abundant food sources we might see on our plates soon.
- For wine geeks, here is a timeline of the major technological advances in winemaking.
- A craft beer that sells for $2000, aged for 19 years.
- A truly terrifying burger.
- The latest on the experiment to age wine in the ocean.
- If you want to eat roadkill, there’s an app for it.
- The 21 weirdest beer flavors.
- Tired of cronuts? Here are 10 more food fusions.