News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- The 21 worst food ideas ever.
- Bluefin tuna used to be a trash fish—now its the most expensive item on a sushi menu. Here’s the story.
- Are you wondering what to make for dinner? Here is a 14th Century recipe for cooking unicorn meat.
- The complex chemistry behind flavor differences in whiskey explained.
- Do you like expensive cognac. Here’s a bottle that sells for $156,000.
- The science of why some people like broccoli, and some do not.
- A new avocado will soon be on store shelves.
- 4 Key Trends in the wine industry over the past 20 yrs.
- Michelle Obama wants us to drink more water, but there is no good science behind this recommendation.
- Tests for the safety of food additives are mostly carried out by people with a financial interest in their sale. Now don’t you feel more safe.
- The moral debate over eating horses.
- We waste a lot of food which harms the environment.