News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- As summer is heating up here are some recommendations for hot weather wines.
- Interest groups in France are proposing to ban all discussions of wine on social media.
- History and facts about Bourbon–America’s own spirit.
- Did you know spaghetti and meatballs is not an Italian dish?
- You probably didn’t know there is an art to making cucumber sandwiches. You may not have known there is such a thing as a cucumber sandwich.
- From the things-that-perhaps-should-not-exist file
— a burger stuffed with pb,topped with bananas, bacon and ricotta
— A pizza with smoked beef bone marrow, pickled cabbage and sour cream
- Why beef prices will be increasing.
- Costco gets a shout-out for treating its employees well.
- Restaurant no-shows. Should there be a penalty? A recent academic study says yes.
- Pigs on a steady diet of genetically-modified grains are unhealthy.
- A scientist claims mushrooms can solve most of our problems.