News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- The adventures of a nomad in Peru in search of cheap food.
- How to roast a bear.
- Apparently, London has become the food capital of the world.
- Horsemeat is next up on the food agenda attracting the interests of Gordon Ramsay, Hans Blumenthal, and–sushi chefs?
- Roquefort cheese has an interesting history.
- Perspectives on the challenge of making food nutritious, sustainable, and abundant.
- One solution would be to stop wasting food. About half of the food we produce is thrown away.
- A new California law allows home cooks to legally sell their wares.
- Palate Press has a comprehensive account of how wineries reduce alcohol levels in wine.
- New trends in wine for 2013.
- Italy now boasts a Gelato University to train students from all over the world in how to make a proper gelato. It’s run by Carpigiani, the company that makes gelato machines.
- A cocktail made of tequila, blueberries, and—shitake mushrooms?
- Why Olive Garden is not an Italian Restaurant.