News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- A fascinating article from Vanity Fair on the trend toward authoritarian chefs and their control over the dining experience.
- Remember all those regulations designed to prevent food companies from marketing to children? They have been less than successful.
- A guide to one of my favorite foods—collard greens.
- A decline in the growth in yields of some of the world’s staple crops—especially rice and wheat—raises questions about world food supplies.
- Food trends in 1013. More trends here. Apparently tater tots and chicharrones are on everyone’s menu.
- A writer in the UK laments his country’s new found obsession with food. Killjoy!
- A peak at the foods of the future.
- The ten best food innovations of 2012.
- Here’s an informative article on how to indentify adjunct grains in your craft beer.
- Here is a well-reasoned prediction about wine prices in 2013. Bottom-line: They won’t go up much.
- Should you want more prognostication, here are some wine trends for 2013.