News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- Some really ugly food photography.
- 20 secrets your waiter won’t tell you. Find out why you do not want lemon in your drink.
- Oven temperatures. Are they accurate?
- 101 best places to eat in North America, according to 53 top chefs.
- An assessment of Trader Joe’s and social responsibility.
- Drought-induced price increases will put the squeeze on restaurants.
- A cooking adventure with huitlacoche (corn smut), which is by the way really good.
- Another data point in the continuing controversy of screwcap vs. cork