News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week, some amusing, some not so much.
- You can eat milkweed pods. Really, you can.
- An interview with the wine director at Noma, which some claim is the best restaurant in the world.
- The new thing in cooking. Dishes coated in ash.
- If the old standbys in Burgundy are getting too expensive, try the Haute-Cote’s, Burgundy regional wines that are improving in quality.
- How to cook perfect rice.
- Get ready for teff, an African grain used in Ethiopia’s injera bread, that is now being grown in the U.S.
- Are we making progress against food poisoning?
- More on the coming food crisis
- So far so good. 2012 looks like a good year for California wines.