News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week.
- Steve Heimoff asks and answers “What is an intellectual wine?’”
- Is resistance futile? MacDonalds Struggles in India
- An interesting discussion of how the winemaking style of Napa Cabernets (ripe and fruit-forward) developed.
- More bad drought news
- Why do we mostly drink cow’s milk instead of goat, yak, etc?. Slate has the answer
- How many calories does an Olympic athlete require?
- A (sometimes ridiculous) rant about food-writing clichés. Clichés sometimes have real meaning; that is why they are clichés.
- Interested in eating roast rat? Get the details here.