News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week—some amusing, some not so much.
- The guy who included edible gold in pizza is busted for making pizza with poison.
- A new tasting menu at wd-50 (Wally Dufresne’s restaurant known for innovative cuisine) is always news
- Antibiotics have been used by the livestock industry for years to promote rapid growth, despite objections of scientists that they risk creating anti-biotic-resistant bacteria. Researchers have now linked antibiotic-resistant bacteria from chickens with persistent bladder infections that are difficult to treat.
- Here is a funny video about how to buy wine when you know nothing about wine.
- A Gelato museum in Italy? Lots of old Gelato machines, photos, etc. Hopefully if they serve gelato it will not be aged.
- Some innovative grilling ideas
- A video detailing the realities of restaurant work.