News stories from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week, some amusing, some not so much:
- An Interview with Levi Dalton, sommelier at Boulud Sud
- Here is a very interesting tour inside a sake brewery.
- Tired of sushi? According to the New York Post, raw meat is the next food boomlet.
- Elizabeth Minchilli takes us to Italy again, this time for a snack
- Are you wondering how to make the perfect poached egg? Here is the answer.
- Or how about making your own bacon? Here is how to do it.
- I suppose in the age of the mashup this was inevitable. Wine/beer blends and three other trends to watch for in the craft brewing world.
- A bit of a sour note on the finish. Here is a disturbing story about the children who harvest our food. “500,000 children as young as six harvest 25 percent of our crops”. Someone pays the price for our cheap food.