News items you might have missed this week, some amusing, some not so much:
- The variety of sausages in Germany is awesome. Santa Barbara now has its own slice of Germany. I surely will be stopping here on my next trip to the Central Coast.
- Vegetarians beware. Authentic Parmesan cheese must be made with animal rennet. If I were a vegetarian, I could not live without pesto.
- Affordable burgundy! Burgundian wines have increased so much in price in recent years that they are out of the price range of most wine lovers. Here is a very useful post naming the wines of Burgundy that are still affordable.
- Ferran Adria, one of the founders of molecular gastronomy, has a cookbook aimed at the home cook–The Family meal: Home Cooking with Ferran Adria
- Here is something distinctly not amusing, but nevertheless important. A comprehensive article on what to do about the decline of the oceans.