News from the world of food and wine you might have missed this week:
- A recipe for caramel covered tofu
- A strange sausage from Italy—Saluma da Sugo. Aged for one year and slowly cooked for 8 hours over a pot of simmering water.
- Here is a compilation of 25 years of oddball food trends and nutritional nonsense.
- I eat lots of swiss chard and regret throwing away all those stems. Here is an easy way to use them—a quick pickle recipe.
- Here is a poem about the good life—unsurprisingly roast chicken plays an important role.
- An article entitled “Guinness Book of Wine World Records” includes the most expensive wine ever purchased at an auction.