News from the world of food and wine that you might have missed this week—some amusing, some not so much.
- Economist Tyler Cowen on how to choose a restaurant. Some good advice here
- Here is the latest trend in California wine–weed wine. I can understand the attractions of weed and wine consumed at roughly the same time. But why put the weed in the wine?
- Here is a attempt to convince you to get drunk at work. It is very persuasive.
- A wine economist predicts the future of wine. Economists are not always so good at predicting the future but these prognostications make sense—tight markets, lots of middle-class, middle-brow wines, goodbye to corks.
- More on the future. An article on how China’s food consumption trends will influence global supply and demand. The quick answer—higher food prices.
- Have you ever wondered what they eat in Iceland? Here is a primer.
- Are you curious about what a burger with 1050 slices of bacon on it looks like? No. I’m not either. But I do wonder why people do things like this.